UCF offers hundreds of online courses to all students every semester. The online course materials and methods have been developed by UCF faculty members to maximize the learner’s achievement of course and program objectives and to provide students with convenient and flexible learning opportunities.
Support for all students in online courses is available at https://cdl.ucf.edu/support/student/. Online courses are identified in the Class Schedule Search available at my.ucf.edu. In the Additional Search Criteria section, use the drop-down list next to Mode of Instruction to search for the values described below.
Online instruction modes are:
WORLD WIDE WEB (W): These are courses conducted via web-based instruction and collaboration. Some courses may require minimal campus attendance or in-person/proctored examinations.
VIDEO STREAMING (V): These are courses delivered over the web via streaming digital video which may be supplemented by additional web activity, projects or exams.
VIDEO STREAMING/REDUCED SEAT TIME (RV): In these courses, classroom-based content is available over the web via streaming video and classroom attendance is not required. Other required activities that substitute for video instruction may include any of the following elements: web activity, in-person or proctored examinations, and labs. See course notes for details. Note: Some classroom attendance is required for international students in F-1 or J-1 status.
MIXED-MODE/REDUCED SEAT TIME (M): These courses include both required classroom attendance and online instruction. Classes have substantial activity conducted over the web, which substitutes for some classroom meetings.
ACTIVE LEARNING REDUCED SEAT TIME (RA): These courses utilize web-based learning technologies as the primary instructional medium within a blended course combining required face-to-face and online elements. Classes have substantial activity conducted online, and classroom activities are limited to no more than 20 percent of the instructional time over the course of the semester.
Personalized Adaptive Learning (PAL) is a class attribute that may apply to any type of course (e.g. P, W, M, RA). Class attributes are displayed in the course description returned by the class search tool in my.ucf.edu. In a PAL course, a portion of the overall online content is delivered via an adaptive learning system that customizes objective-driven content and assessments to create a personalized learning path for each student according to their knowledge, skills, and learning needs.
UCF offers dozens of programs as listed below that can be completed entirely with online courses. These programs are available to all students and UCF Online provides an option for students who are interested in taking online courses exclusively. Newly admitted students who choose this option may not enroll in classes with scheduled face-to-face meetings. This includes classes coded P (face-to-face instruction), RA (active learning reduced seat time), and M (Mixed-mode/reduced seat time).
Students enrolled as a UCF Online student are exempt from some campus-based fees and are restricted from the corresponding campus-based services such as the Recreation and Wellness Center and Student Health Services. UCF Online students do have access to all academic and support services such as financial aid, advising, library services, and career services. UCF Online students also have the support of a dedicated staff of success coaches specifically trained and enabled to meet the needs of students without regular access to UCF’s physical campuses. See www.ucf.edu/online for more information.
♦ New - New programs starting this catalog
♦♦ Updated - Existing programs with updates
► Online Program
Online Graduate Certificates
Fully Online Graduate Degree Programs
- Aerospace Engineering MSAE, Thermofluid Aerodynamic Systems Design and Engineering Track ► *
- Aerospace Engineering MSAE, Space Systems Design and Engineering Track ►
- Applied Learning and Instruction MA ►
- Career and Technical Education MA ►
- Civil Engineering MS, Smart Cities Track ► ♦
- Civil Engineering MS, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering Track ►
- Civil Engineering MS, Transportation Systems Engineering Track►
- Civil Engineering MS, Water Resources Engineering Track►
- Civil Engineering MSCE►
- Criminal Justice MS ►
- Digital Forensics MS ► *
- Educational Leadership MA ►
- Emergency and Crisis Management MECM ►
- Engineering Management MS ► *
- English MA, Technical Communication Track ►
- Environmental Engineering MS, Environmental Engineering Sciences Track ►
- Environmental Engineering MSEnvE►
- Exceptional Student Education MEd ►
- Forensic Science MS ►
- Health Care Informatics MS, Professional Science Master’s ►
- Health Administration MHA, Executive Health Services Administration Track ►
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MS ►
- Industrial Engineering MS, Healthcare Systems Engineering Track ►
- Industrial Engineering MSIE ► *
- Industrial Engineering MS ► *
- Instructional Design and Technology MA, Educational Technology Track ►
- Instructional Design and Technology MA, e-Learning Track ►
- Instructional Design and Technology MA, Instructional Systems Track ►
- Materials Science and Engineering MSMSE ► *
- Mechanical Engineering MSME, Mechanical Systems Track ► *
- Mechanical Engineering MSME, Thermofluids Track ► *
- Nonprofit Management MNM ►
- Nonprofit Management MNM, Out of State Cohort Track ►
- Nonprofit Management MNM, Public Administration MPA Dual Degree Track ►
- Nursing MSN, Nursing and Health Care Simulation Track ►
- Nursing MSN, Leadership and Management Track ►
- Nursing MSN, Nurse Educator Track ►
- Nursing Practice DNP, Advanced Practice Track ►
- Nursing Practice DNP, Executive Track ►
- Nursing PhD ►
- Public Administration MPA ►
- Public Administration MPA, Criminal Justice MS Dual Degree Track ►
- Research Administration MRA ►
- Social Work MSW, Online Part-Time Track ►
- Social Work MSW, Online Part-Time Advanced Standing Track ►
- Teacher Education MAT, Art Education Track ►
*Note: There may be some courses in the degree and certificate programs above that require limited on-campus attendance for examinations or other activities.
The University of Central Florida has been approved by Florida to participate in National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. The reciprocity agreements allow for the open delivery of academic credit-earning activities in participating states, including academic field experiences such as internships or practicums. More information available at registrar.ucf.edu/restrictions.
Web Address: www.ucf.edu/online/